Children injured in crash, mom charged with DUI
FAIRMOUNT PARK - August 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Four people including two small children were injured in a crash in Fairmount Park and police have charged their mother with DUI.
The accident happened around 10:30 Saturday night on the South Concourse Drive near Belmont Avenue.
Police say a minivan plowed into an SUV and the impact sent the SUV rolling over.
The driver of the minivan, her 6-month-old, a 2-year-old and another adult were inside at the time.
The children were taken to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and the two adults were taken to the hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for minor injuries.
An elderly couple - inside the SUV - suffered minor bumps and bruises as well.
Meanwhile the mother who was behind the wheel faces driving under the influence charges. No word on her identity.
philadelphia, fairmount park, accident, DUI, local/state
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes hit Kansas, Oklahoma; no injuries reported 57 min ago
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested 28 min ago
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- NJ community joins forces to help 'storage locker' mom
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Phillies rally for 3-2 over Reds