Children injured in crash, mom charged with DUI
FAIRMOUNT PARK - August 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Four people including two small children were injured in a crash in Fairmount Park and police have charged their mother with DUI.
The accident happened around 10:30 Saturday night on the South Concourse Drive near Belmont Avenue.
Police say a minivan plowed into an SUV and the impact sent the SUV rolling over.
The driver of the minivan, her 6-month-old, a 2-year-old and another adult were inside at the time.
The children were taken to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and the two adults were taken to the hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for minor injuries.
An elderly couple - inside the SUV - suffered minor bumps and bruises as well.
Meanwhile the mother who was behind the wheel faces driving under the influence charges. No word on her identity.
philadelphia, fairmount park, accident, DUI, local/state
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 25 min ago
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted