12-inch water main break in Port Richmond
PORT RICHMOND - August 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Water department crews have repaired a 12-inch water main break in Port Richmond.
It happened around 4:00 Sunday morning on the 3800 block of Frankford Avenue near Wheatsheaf Lane.
Firefighters were called after a number of reports of water rushing down the street.
Water department officials say approximately 65 properties were affected.
Minimal house damage was reported.
Water in the area was shut off as crews worked to fix the break.
philadelphia, port richmond, water main break, local/state
- 3 children rescued from Southwest Phila. house fire 27 min ago
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police 26 min ago
- Fire forces evacuation of N. Phila. high-rise apt.
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos