Eagles release statement on Garrett Reid's death
August 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Eagles released the following statement regarding the death of Garrett Reid, son of Coach Andy Reid:
The Philadelphia Eagles are sad to announce that Garrett Reid, the oldest son of head coach Andy Reid, has died. Garrett Reid, 29, had been attending Eagles training camp with his father and was found in his room this morning.
Offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg and defensive coordinator Juan Castillo oversaw the team's walk-through this morning, and will oversee the team until Reid's return.
"This news is heartbreaking for everyone in the Eagles family. Our hearts go out to Andy, his wife, Tammy, and their children," said Eagles Chairman/CEO Jeffrey Lurie.
The team will share further updates as information becomes available.
philadelphia, lehigh county, andy reid, philadelphia eagles, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man 20 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 24 min ago
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova...
24 min ago