Eagles release statement on Garrett Reid's death
August 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Eagles released the following statement regarding the death of Garrett Reid, son of Coach Andy Reid:
The Philadelphia Eagles are sad to announce that Garrett Reid, the oldest son of head coach Andy Reid, has died. Garrett Reid, 29, had been attending Eagles training camp with his father and was found in his room this morning.
Offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg and defensive coordinator Juan Castillo oversaw the team's walk-through this morning, and will oversee the team until Reid's return.
"This news is heartbreaking for everyone in the Eagles family. Our hearts go out to Andy, his wife, Tammy, and their children," said Eagles Chairman/CEO Jeffrey Lurie.
The team will share further updates as information becomes available.
philadelphia, lehigh county, andy reid, philadelphia eagles, local/state
- Lockdown at high school in Bethlehem
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 29 min ago
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden 57 min ago
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 17 min ago
- DA: Montco man gave alcohol at 'Sweet 16' party 24 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 30 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos