Eagles release statement on Garrett Reid's death
August 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Eagles released the following statement regarding the death of Garrett Reid, son of Coach Andy Reid:
The Philadelphia Eagles are sad to announce that Garrett Reid, the oldest son of head coach Andy Reid, has died. Garrett Reid, 29, had been attending Eagles training camp with his father and was found in his room this morning.
Offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg and defensive coordinator Juan Castillo oversaw the team's walk-through this morning, and will oversee the team until Reid's return.
"This news is heartbreaking for everyone in the Eagles family. Our hearts go out to Andy, his wife, Tammy, and their children," said Eagles Chairman/CEO Jeffrey Lurie.
The team will share further updates as information becomes available.
philadelphia, lehigh county, andy reid, philadelphia eagles, local/state
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 9 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 21 min ago
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 46 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect 35 min ago
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
46 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos