Eagles release statement on Garrett Reid's death
August 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Eagles released the following statement regarding the death of Garrett Reid, son of Coach Andy Reid:
The Philadelphia Eagles are sad to announce that Garrett Reid, the oldest son of head coach Andy Reid, has died. Garrett Reid, 29, had been attending Eagles training camp with his father and was found in his room this morning.
Offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg and defensive coordinator Juan Castillo oversaw the team's walk-through this morning, and will oversee the team until Reid's return.
"This news is heartbreaking for everyone in the Eagles family. Our hearts go out to Andy, his wife, Tammy, and their children," said Eagles Chairman/CEO Jeffrey Lurie.
The team will share further updates as information becomes available.
philadelphia, lehigh county, andy reid, philadelphia eagles, local/state
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Spotty, but drenching showers this afternoon, a t'storm also possible 49 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Bus co. mistake cancels kids' DC field trip
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping 58 min ago
- Man gets life in prison for murder of Pa. musician 26 min ago
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings 57 min ago
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment
- NJ man accused of defrauding FEMA
- Cicadas arriving in NJ in time for holiday weekend
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
58 min ago
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
57 min ago