Firefighter injured in Spring Garden house fire
SPRING GARDEN - August 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia firefighter was injured during a house fire in the Spring Garden section of Philadelphia Monday morning.
The fire broke out around 5:45 a.m. on the 800 block of North Capitol Street.
It started in the basement area of the house and took about 20 minutes for crews to get it under control.
The injured firefighter was taken to Hahnemann Hospital and was last reported to be in stable condition.
It was not immediately known how the firefighter was hurt.
No other injuries were reported.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
fire, spring garden, philadelphia, local/state
- Boy killed in Chester accident ID'd 21 min ago
- Unsettled to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Monday's storms
- Multi-alarm fire at titanium plant in Berks 19 min ago
- Woman pulled from Phila. collapse loses both legs 18 min ago
- Committee sets hearings on demolitions in Phila. 27 min ago
- Girl, 4, dies after crash that killed father
- Witness: Man who disrupted flight ranted about CIA
- Burlington taxi driver death ruled homicide, victim ID'd
- Photos: 7 arrests in Phila. prostitution cases
- School bus, car, pedestrian involved in crash 42 min ago
- Automatic renewal contracts 3 min ago
- Boy killed in Chester accident ID'd
21 min ago
- Woman pulled from Phila. collapse loses...
18 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos