Firefighter injured in Spring Garden house fire
SPRING GARDEN - August 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia firefighter was injured during a house fire in the Spring Garden section of Philadelphia Monday morning.
The fire broke out around 5:45 a.m. on the 800 block of North Capitol Street.
It started in the basement area of the house and took about 20 minutes for crews to get it under control.
The injured firefighter was taken to Hahnemann Hospital and was last reported to be in stable condition.
It was not immediately known how the firefighter was hurt.
No other injuries were reported.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
fire, spring garden, philadelphia, local/state
- Police probe pizza deliveryman shooting in SW Phila.
- Sunny, blustery winds today 43 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co. 31 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co. 3 min ago
- Police search for gunman in Germantown bar shooting 14 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- WCU investigates indecent assault, carjacking attempt
- MLK football documentary premieres in NYC
- Philadelphia Eagles 2014 game schedule
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Sunny, blustery winds today
43 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos