Firefighter injured in Spring Garden house fire
SPRING GARDEN - August 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia firefighter was injured during a house fire in the Spring Garden section of Philadelphia Monday morning.
The fire broke out around 5:45 a.m. on the 800 block of North Capitol Street.
It started in the basement area of the house and took about 20 minutes for crews to get it under control.
The injured firefighter was taken to Hahnemann Hospital and was last reported to be in stable condition.
It was not immediately known how the firefighter was hurt.
No other injuries were reported.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
fire, spring garden, philadelphia, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed