Philly landmark restaurant serving lobster for two
CENTER CITY - August 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Ask most people about lobster and they imagine top-of-the-menu prices. This summer, Center City landmark The Oyster House is offering a special every Wednesday night - two one-pound soft-shell lobsters for $26.00.
Owner Sam Mink's family has been in the seafood business for three generations. Famous for oysters, their menu includes most ocean-born favorites.
Every Wednesday this month, the restaurant serves twin lobsters with corn on the cob and drawn butter for $26.00.
The lobsters are caught in Maine on Tuesdays and flown straight to Philadelphia. These are softer-shell lobsters which recently shed their hard exoskeleton. While the shell is still hard enough, you probably won't need the usual cracking device to enjoy the meat inside. Mink says it's particularly sweet and juicy.
The lobsters are prepared the way a Maine lobster shack would...just steamed and taken straight to your table. It's about as fresh as you can get.
Other dinner choices remain available at the menu price. The Oyster House is located at 1516 Sansom Street; open Monday through Thursday from 11:30am until 10:00pm, Friday and Saturday until 11:00pm.
Dinner service begins nightly at 5:00pm. The oyster bar includes a selection of fresh-shucked specimens day and night.
For information or reservations, phone 215-567-7683, or access Oyster House.
center city, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 33 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site 31 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 59 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon begins under tight security 16 min ago
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous' 40 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!