Police: Man shot cars on Interstates 95, 495
WILMINGTON - August 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man has been arrested for allegedly shooting disabled vehicles on Interstates 95 and 495 in Delaware.
David F. Saddler, 57, of Wilmington, was arrested around 11:30 p.m. Saturday on I-495 near Edgemoor Road.
He is charged with shooting 22 cars since June.
Delaware State Police say a trooper saw a red 2009 Hyundai Elantra travelling slowly on the shoulder of I-495 northbound.
The trooper pulled the car over and saw Saddler behind the wheel. Police say Saddler matched the description of the man wanted for shooting disabled cars over the past two months.
In those cases, police say, the cars were damaged with multiple weapons including handguns and shotguns.
Police say Saddler was taken into custody and a search of his car revealed a loaded shotgun and a loaded .22 caliber rifle under a blanket in the front seat.
Police then searched his home and found several more handguns and an additional shotgun along with a large amount of ammunition.
Saddler was charged with Carrying a Concealed Deadly Weapon and Criminal Mischief.
No one has been injured in the vehicle shootings, police said.
delaware, wilmington, vandalism, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act 49 min ago