Police: Man shot cars on Interstates 95, 495
WILMINGTON - August 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man has been arrested for allegedly shooting disabled vehicles on Interstates 95 and 495 in Delaware.
David F. Saddler, 57, of Wilmington, was arrested around 11:30 p.m. Saturday on I-495 near Edgemoor Road.
He is charged with shooting 22 cars since June.
Delaware State Police say a trooper saw a red 2009 Hyundai Elantra travelling slowly on the shoulder of I-495 northbound.
The trooper pulled the car over and saw Saddler behind the wheel. Police say Saddler matched the description of the man wanted for shooting disabled cars over the past two months.
In those cases, police say, the cars were damaged with multiple weapons including handguns and shotguns.
Police say Saddler was taken into custody and a search of his car revealed a loaded shotgun and a loaded .22 caliber rifle under a blanket in the front seat.
Police then searched his home and found several more handguns and an additional shotgun along with a large amount of ammunition.
Saddler was charged with Carrying a Concealed Deadly Weapon and Criminal Mischief.
No one has been injured in the vehicle shootings, police said.
delaware, wilmington, vandalism, local/state
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5 53 min ago
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online 27 min ago
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma 10 min ago
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams 37 min ago
- Local help on the way for tornado victims 4 min ago
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del. 1 min ago
- Couple charged in theft of $854K from township
- Prosecutor: Prison can't hold Savage's rage
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
53 min ago