Police: Man shot cars on Interstates 95, 495
WILMINGTON - August 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man has been arrested for allegedly shooting disabled vehicles on Interstates 95 and 495 in Delaware.
David F. Saddler, 57, of Wilmington, was arrested around 11:30 p.m. Saturday on I-495 near Edgemoor Road.
He is charged with shooting 22 cars since June.
Delaware State Police say a trooper saw a red 2009 Hyundai Elantra travelling slowly on the shoulder of I-495 northbound.
The trooper pulled the car over and saw Saddler behind the wheel. Police say Saddler matched the description of the man wanted for shooting disabled cars over the past two months.
In those cases, police say, the cars were damaged with multiple weapons including handguns and shotguns.
Police say Saddler was taken into custody and a search of his car revealed a loaded shotgun and a loaded .22 caliber rifle under a blanket in the front seat.
Police then searched his home and found several more handguns and an additional shotgun along with a large amount of ammunition.
Saddler was charged with Carrying a Concealed Deadly Weapon and Criminal Mischief.
No one has been injured in the vehicle shootings, police said.
delaware, wilmington, vandalism, local/state
- Boy killed in Chester accident ID'd
- Unsettled to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman pulled from Phila. collapse loses both legs
- Committee sets hearings on demolitions in Phila.
- Video: Dash cam view of Lindenwold school bus crash
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Monday's storms
- Multi-alarm fire at titanium plant in Berks
- Girl, 4, dies after crash that killed father
- Burlington taxi driver death ruled homicide, victim ID'd
- Photos: 7 arrests in Phila. prostitution cases
- Automatic renewal contracts
- Tracy ties it in 9th, but Phils win in bottom half