Police: Man shot cars on Interstates 95, 495
WILMINGTON - August 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man has been arrested for allegedly shooting disabled vehicles on Interstates 95 and 495 in Delaware.
David F. Saddler, 57, of Wilmington, was arrested around 11:30 p.m. Saturday on I-495 near Edgemoor Road.
He is charged with shooting 22 cars since June.
Delaware State Police say a trooper saw a red 2009 Hyundai Elantra travelling slowly on the shoulder of I-495 northbound.
The trooper pulled the car over and saw Saddler behind the wheel. Police say Saddler matched the description of the man wanted for shooting disabled cars over the past two months.
In those cases, police say, the cars were damaged with multiple weapons including handguns and shotguns.
Police say Saddler was taken into custody and a search of his car revealed a loaded shotgun and a loaded .22 caliber rifle under a blanket in the front seat.
Police then searched his home and found several more handguns and an additional shotgun along with a large amount of ammunition.
Saddler was charged with Carrying a Concealed Deadly Weapon and Criminal Mischief.
No one has been injured in the vehicle shootings, police said.
delaware, wilmington, vandalism, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ