Charges upgraded in Cape May Co. teen deaths
MIDDLE TOWNSHIP, N.J. - August 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors have upgraded charges to aggravated manslaughter against a south Jersey man accused of hitting and killing two teenage cousins.
A judge on Monday increased bail for Joshua Malmgren to $350,000.
The 30-year-old Lower Township resident previously pleaded not guilty to vehicular homicide charges.
Malmgren also is charged with driving while intoxicated, reckless driving and failure to maintain a lane of travel.
Authorities say Malmgren hit 15-year-old Nioami Lazicki and 13-year-old Ashley Dauber of Philadelphia on a Middle Township road as the girls walked home on July 31.
new jersey, cape may county, accident, DUI, local/state
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 10 min ago
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 5 min ago
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape 14 min ago
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Attack in Center City caught on camera 35 min ago
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam 4 min ago
- Burglary suspect nabbed by quick-thinking neighbor 44 min ago
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth 34 min ago
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
10 min ago
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up...
14 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
35 min ago