Gunmen open fire on crowded Germantown street
GERMANTOWN - August 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for the drive-by shooters who opened fire on a crowded Germantown street late Monday night.
Four people were wounded by gunfire along the 900 block of East Price Street.
Police say at least 20 people were in the area around 11:45 p.m. when the shooting occurred.
Numerous cars were shot up along with several homes. The occupants inside the homes were not injured.
Officials found 14 gun casing at the scene, and have determined that three semi automatic weapons were used.
All of the victims were men in their 20s. Two of the men are listed in critical condition and the other two are stable.
So far, there is no description of the drive-by vehicle as police continue to investigate.
shooting, germantown, philadelphia, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly 20 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos