Deadly home invasion in Southwest Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - August 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a deadly home invasion early Wednesday morning in Southwest Philadelphia.
The gunman stormed a home around 2:00 a.m. in the 1400 block of South Vodges Street.
Upon their arrival, officials found a 36-year-old man lying on the floor. He had been shot eight times at close range and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators are unclear if anything was taken but they are looking into the possibility that the shooting was drug related.
Police say drug paraphernalia was found inside the home.
The victim has not been identified and there are no suspects.
home invasion, homicide, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime
- Woods: Garcia comment hurtful, time to move on
- Body of WWII hero returns home after 69 years
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall