Deadly home invasion in Southwest Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - August 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a deadly home invasion early Wednesday morning in Southwest Philadelphia.
The gunman stormed a home around 2:00 a.m. in the 1400 block of South Vodges Street.
Upon their arrival, officials found a 36-year-old man lying on the floor. He had been shot eight times at close range and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators are unclear if anything was taken but they are looking into the possibility that the shooting was drug related.
Police say drug paraphernalia was found inside the home.
The victim has not been identified and there are no suspects.
home invasion, homicide, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Record Warmth! 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book
- Record Warmth!
9 min ago