Deadly home invasion in Southwest Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - August 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a deadly home invasion early Wednesday morning in Southwest Philadelphia.
The gunman stormed a home around 2:00 a.m. in the 1400 block of South Vodges Street.
Upon their arrival, officials found a 36-year-old man lying on the floor. He had been shot eight times at close range and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators are unclear if anything was taken but they are looking into the possibility that the shooting was drug related.
Police say drug paraphernalia was found inside the home.
The victim has not been identified and there are no suspects.
home invasion, homicide, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse 41 min ago
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Teen wounded in Point Breeze shooting
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Protests overshadow Mayor's budget address
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
41 min ago