Deadly home invasion in Southwest Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - August 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a deadly home invasion early Wednesday morning in Southwest Philadelphia.
The gunman stormed a home around 2:00 a.m. in the 1400 block of South Vodges Street.
Upon their arrival, officials found a 36-year-old man lying on the floor. He had been shot eight times at close range and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators are unclear if anything was taken but they are looking into the possibility that the shooting was drug related.
Police say drug paraphernalia was found inside the home.
The victim has not been identified and there are no suspects.
home invasion, homicide, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 1 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 27 min ago
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 52 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect 41 min ago
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
52 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos