Deadly home invasion in Southwest Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - August 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a deadly home invasion early Wednesday morning in Southwest Philadelphia.
The gunman stormed a home around 2:00 a.m. in the 1400 block of South Vodges Street.
Upon their arrival, officials found a 36-year-old man lying on the floor. He had been shot eight times at close range and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators are unclear if anything was taken but they are looking into the possibility that the shooting was drug related.
Police say drug paraphernalia was found inside the home.
The victim has not been identified and there are no suspects.
home invasion, homicide, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 55 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 22 min ago
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game 17 min ago
- Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
17 min ago
- Waitress types "B" word on customer's receipt
32 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos