Gunman opens fires on men sitting on steps in SW Phila.
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - August 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two men were shot late Tuesday night while sitting on steps outside a house in Southwest Philadelphia.
Police say a gunman walked up to the men and opened fire around 11:30 p.m. on the 1300 block of S 51st Street.
One victim, a 32-year-old man, was shot twice in the torso. He was rushed to the hospital in serious but stable condition.
The other victim was grazed in the leg and is expected to be okay.
Officials found shell casings in the street but are unclear of a motive.
So far, no arrests have been made.
shooting, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight 42 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ