Gunman opens fires on men sitting on steps in SW Phila.
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - August 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two men were shot late Tuesday night while sitting on steps outside a house in Southwest Philadelphia.
Police say a gunman walked up to the men and opened fire around 11:30 p.m. on the 1300 block of S 51st Street.
One victim, a 32-year-old man, was shot twice in the torso. He was rushed to the hospital in serious but stable condition.
The other victim was grazed in the leg and is expected to be okay.
Officials found shell casings in the street but are unclear of a motive.
So far, no arrests have been made.
shooting, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 41 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken 25 min ago
- Kensington chocolate factory shut down by City
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man 50 min ago
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Suspects sought for shooting into home 39 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 13 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Suspects sought for shooting into home
39 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos