Threat posted online against NJ hospital
FLEMINGTON, N.J. (AP) - August 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities are investigating a threat against a New Jersey hospital that was posted online.
Officials say they received word on Sunday that the unsubstantiated message about Hunterdon Medical Center was listed on an Internet forum.
Authorities are trying to determine if the post originated in the U.S. or overseas.
The Hunterdon County Prosecutor's Office says precautions have been taken to protect the patients and staff at the hospital in Flemington even though the threat may be a hoax.
hospitals, new jersey, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 14 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet 13 min ago
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
14 min ago