Police investigate possible child luring in Montco
SKIPPACK, Pa. - August 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Pennsylvania State Police are investigating a possible child luring attempt in Montgomery County.
Investigators say the incident happened at 7:34 p.m. on Thursday, August 2nd.
According to police, an 8-year-old boy was playing baseball at his home on Reginald Lane in Skippack Township when an an orange-colored vehicle stopped on the street.
The boy told police the driver said, "Hey bud, can you come over here and help me find something?"
The boy then ran away and told his mother what happened.
The driver then left the area.
The boy described the operator as a white male, in his 50s or 60s, with long, grey hair. Two other witnesses in the neighborhood reported seeing the same vehicle, and provided a similar description of both the operator and vehicle.
Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 610-584-1250.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, child luring, local/state
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Cloudy And Cooler 32 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- 2 injured in head-on crash along MLK Drive
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Pa. woman served family poison laced burritos
- Wife hid murdered husband, prosecutors say
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Driver, passenger hurt in Cheltenham Township crash
- Video: Father, son to graduate college together 36 min ago
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen
- Cloudy And Cooler
32 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos