Phila. robbery, assault suspects caught on camera
PHILADELPHIA - August 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say they are questioning two suspects in the Southwest Philadelphia robberies and assault case.
Police believe the men took part in two armed robberies and a robbery/sexual assault that happened between early Friday morning August 3rd and early Saturday morning August 4th.
In the first robbery, a man was approached at 1:45 a.m. Friday on the 2900 block of South 70th Street. Three men surrounded him and demanded money. One of the suspects hit the victim in the head several times with a black revolver. The suspects made off with the victim's keys, cell phone and identification.
The second robbery happened 15 minutes later in the 6900 block of Buist Avenue. A man was approached by four men, pistol-whipped and robbed. In that case the suspects fled in a black Chevy Impala with dark tinted windows.
The suspects in that attack were caught on surveillance video. Watch the surveillance video.
The third attacked happened at 3:35 a.m. Saturday morning August 4th. A man and woman were walking in the ball field next to Finnegan Playground at 6900 Grovers Avenue. A man approached them, pistol-whipped both, took the man's wallet, sexually assaulted the woman and fled.
Police have posted the following descriptions of the suspects:
Suspect #1: Black male, light complexion, thin build, 6'1", beard, wearing a gray and black baseball hat, black cargo shorts and armed with a black revolver.
Suspect #2: Black male, light complexion, dark hooded sweatshirt, dark jeans.
Suspect #3: Black male, short sleeve shirt and shorts.
Suspect #4: Black male, short sleeve shirt and shorts.
Anyone with information on these attacks is asked to call Philadelphia Police Southwest Detectives, Detective Brennan at 215-686-3181 or Detective Farley at 215-686-3183.
philadelphia, robbery, assault, southwest philadelphia, local/state
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office shooting ID'd
- Stormy to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore 8 min ago
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos