Phila. robbery, assault suspects caught on camera
PHILADELPHIA - August 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say they are questioning two suspects in the Southwest Philadelphia robberies and assault case.
Police believe the men took part in two armed robberies and a robbery/sexual assault that happened between early Friday morning August 3rd and early Saturday morning August 4th.
In the first robbery, a man was approached at 1:45 a.m. Friday on the 2900 block of South 70th Street. Three men surrounded him and demanded money. One of the suspects hit the victim in the head several times with a black revolver. The suspects made off with the victim's keys, cell phone and identification.
The second robbery happened 15 minutes later in the 6900 block of Buist Avenue. A man was approached by four men, pistol-whipped and robbed. In that case the suspects fled in a black Chevy Impala with dark tinted windows.
The suspects in that attack were caught on surveillance video. Watch the surveillance video.
The third attacked happened at 3:35 a.m. Saturday morning August 4th. A man and woman were walking in the ball field next to Finnegan Playground at 6900 Grovers Avenue. A man approached them, pistol-whipped both, took the man's wallet, sexually assaulted the woman and fled.
Police have posted the following descriptions of the suspects:
Suspect #1: Black male, light complexion, thin build, 6'1", beard, wearing a gray and black baseball hat, black cargo shorts and armed with a black revolver.
Suspect #2: Black male, light complexion, dark hooded sweatshirt, dark jeans.
Suspect #3: Black male, short sleeve shirt and shorts.
Suspect #4: Black male, short sleeve shirt and shorts.
Anyone with information on these attacks is asked to call Philadelphia Police Southwest Detectives, Detective Brennan at 215-686-3181 or Detective Farley at 215-686-3183.
philadelphia, robbery, assault, southwest philadelphia, local/state
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police ID victim in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run 4 min ago
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Grandmother sentenced in Pa. baby's 2009 death
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft
- Pa. man gets probation for 105 animals in mobile home
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Police ID victim in deadly Wilmington...
4 min ago