Deadly shooting in Southwest Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - August 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a deadly shooting in Southwest Philadelphia.
It happened at 6:15 p.m. in the 1700 block of South Edgewood Street.
Investigators say someone opened fire on a 52-year-old man.
Police say he was hit several times, including once in the head.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
The gunman fled the scene and remains at large.
philadelphia, shooting, homicide, southwest philadelphia, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish