CDC offers preliminary report on Del. suicides
DOVER, Del. (AP) - August 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Federal health officials have completed a preliminary report regarding a recent rash of suicides of teenagers in Delaware.
A medical epidemiologist with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention was expected to join state officials on a media conference call on Thursday to discuss the findings.
The state Department of Health and Social Services asked the CDC in March to conduct an epidemiological investigation into the suicide deaths of several teens and young adults in Kent and Sussex counties.
One aim of the report was to examine risk factors and make recommendations about strategies that schools, communities and state officials can use to prevent future suicides.
A final report from CDC is not expected for several more months.
suicide, teens, delaware, local/state
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada 42 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia 49 min ago
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial 49 min ago
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Video: Prankster glues woman to Home Depot toilet 41 min ago
- Nelson Mandela lies in state in Pretoria,...
8 min ago
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela...
49 min ago
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
49 min ago