CDC offers preliminary report on Del. suicides
DOVER, Del. (AP) - August 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Federal health officials have completed a preliminary report regarding a recent rash of suicides of teenagers in Delaware.
A medical epidemiologist with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention was expected to join state officials on a media conference call on Thursday to discuss the findings.
The state Department of Health and Social Services asked the CDC in March to conduct an epidemiological investigation into the suicide deaths of several teens and young adults in Kent and Sussex counties.
One aim of the report was to examine risk factors and make recommendations about strategies that schools, communities and state officials can use to prevent future suicides.
A final report from CDC is not expected for several more months.
suicide, teens, delaware, local/state
- Bear spotted in Bucks County
- AccuWeather: Damp and Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
- Video: Caught on tape: Huge tornado in Kansas
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list