Yeadon borough council president arrested
YEADON, Pa. - August 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Yeadon borough council president John Holden was arrested Wednesday on charges of theft and bribery.
The Delaware County district attorney's office said the incident stemmed from the towing of Holden's car by Seiple Collision.
Investigators say Holden implied to the owners of Seiple Collision that their contract with the borough would be in jeopardy unless he was paid a bribe.
The owners of Seiple Collision contacted police and informed them of what was going on.
Then, on Wednesday afternoon, Holden allegedly met with Thomas Seiple and obtained a payment of $1,000, the D.A. said.
That money was to be a down payment for a $7,000 bribe to ensure Seiple Collision would keep its contract, investigators said.
Holden was arrested and, according to the D.A., he had a fully-loaded handgun on him.
bribery, theft, delaware county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete 19 min ago
- Steamy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Hats get women ejected from King of Prussia Mall 12 min ago
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Butkovitz an early winner as Pa. primary ballots are tallied
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say 16 min ago
- Police: 2 caught red-handed in Radnor burlgary 17 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Young and Howard lift Phillies over Marlins 45 min ago
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly...
19 min ago
- Police: 2 caught red-handed in Radnor...
17 min ago