Yeadon borough council president arrested
YEADON, Pa. - August 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Yeadon borough council president John Holden was arrested Wednesday on charges of theft and bribery.
The Delaware County district attorney's office said the incident stemmed from the towing of Holden's car by Seiple Collision.
Investigators say Holden implied to the owners of Seiple Collision that their contract with the borough would be in jeopardy unless he was paid a bribe.
The owners of Seiple Collision contacted police and informed them of what was going on.
Then, on Wednesday afternoon, Holden allegedly met with Thomas Seiple and obtained a payment of $1,000, the D.A. said.
That money was to be a down payment for a $7,000 bribe to ensure Seiple Collision would keep its contract, investigators said.
Holden was arrested and, according to the D.A., he had a fully-loaded handgun on him.
bribery, theft, delaware county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 37 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ