Yeadon borough council president arrested
YEADON, Pa. - August 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Yeadon borough council president John Holden was arrested Wednesday on charges of theft and bribery.
The Delaware County district attorney's office said the incident stemmed from the towing of Holden's car by Seiple Collision.
Investigators say Holden implied to the owners of Seiple Collision that their contract with the borough would be in jeopardy unless he was paid a bribe.
The owners of Seiple Collision contacted police and informed them of what was going on.
Then, on Wednesday afternoon, Holden allegedly met with Thomas Seiple and obtained a payment of $1,000, the D.A. said.
That money was to be a down payment for a $7,000 bribe to ensure Seiple Collision would keep its contract, investigators said.
Holden was arrested and, according to the D.A., he had a fully-loaded handgun on him.
bribery, theft, delaware county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage 33 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ