2 NJ towns turn down 'Jersey Shore' spinoff
POINT PLEASANT BEACH, N.J. (AP) - August 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Jersey shore town that tried to close its bars early and restricts overnight parking has said no to "Snooki & JWoww."
The Point Pleasant Beach Council unanimously voted against 495 Productions' request to tape the "Jersey Shore" spinoff featuring Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Jennifer "JWoww" Farley.
The request said the cast would be living outside the town.
Councilman William Mayer tells the Asbury Park Press it's not what the town needs at this point.
The state's top liquor regulator is blocking the town from imposing a midnight bar closing. The time and overnight parking restrictions are designed to reduce noise near the beachfront.
Nearby Toms River also turned down the MTV reality series.
"Snooki & JWoww" taped its first season in Jersey City.
snooki, jersey shore, new jersey, local/state
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 9 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- Video: Firefighters rescue puppy from sewer drain