2 NJ towns turn down 'Jersey Shore' spinoff
POINT PLEASANT BEACH, N.J. (AP) - August 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Jersey shore town that tried to close its bars early and restricts overnight parking has said no to "Snooki & JWoww."
The Point Pleasant Beach Council unanimously voted against 495 Productions' request to tape the "Jersey Shore" spinoff featuring Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Jennifer "JWoww" Farley.
The request said the cast would be living outside the town.
Councilman William Mayer tells the Asbury Park Press it's not what the town needs at this point.
The state's top liquor regulator is blocking the town from imposing a midnight bar closing. The time and overnight parking restrictions are designed to reduce noise near the beachfront.
Nearby Toms River also turned down the MTV reality series.
"Snooki & JWoww" taped its first season in Jersey City.
snooki, jersey shore, new jersey, local/state
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police-involved shooting in Southwest Philadelphia
- Fire damages corner produce store in North Philly 22 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
2 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos