2 NJ towns turn down 'Jersey Shore' spinoff
POINT PLEASANT BEACH, N.J. (AP) - August 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Jersey shore town that tried to close its bars early and restricts overnight parking has said no to "Snooki & JWoww."
The Point Pleasant Beach Council unanimously voted against 495 Productions' request to tape the "Jersey Shore" spinoff featuring Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Jennifer "JWoww" Farley.
The request said the cast would be living outside the town.
Councilman William Mayer tells the Asbury Park Press it's not what the town needs at this point.
The state's top liquor regulator is blocking the town from imposing a midnight bar closing. The time and overnight parking restrictions are designed to reduce noise near the beachfront.
Nearby Toms River also turned down the MTV reality series.
"Snooki & JWoww" taped its first season in Jersey City.
snooki, jersey shore, new jersey, local/state
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5 10 min ago
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online 48 min ago
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams 58 min ago
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma 31 min ago
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc 18 min ago
- Police: 2 caught red-handed in Radnor burlgary 4 min ago
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del. 22 min ago
- Couple charged in theft of $854K from township
- Prosecutor: Prison can't hold Savage's rage 20 min ago
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
10 min ago