2 NJ towns turn down 'Jersey Shore' spinoff
POINT PLEASANT BEACH, N.J. (AP) - August 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Jersey shore town that tried to close its bars early and restricts overnight parking has said no to "Snooki & JWoww."
The Point Pleasant Beach Council unanimously voted against 495 Productions' request to tape the "Jersey Shore" spinoff featuring Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Jennifer "JWoww" Farley.
The request said the cast would be living outside the town.
Councilman William Mayer tells the Asbury Park Press it's not what the town needs at this point.
The state's top liquor regulator is blocking the town from imposing a midnight bar closing. The time and overnight parking restrictions are designed to reduce noise near the beachfront.
Nearby Toms River also turned down the MTV reality series.
"Snooki & JWoww" taped its first season in Jersey City.
snooki, jersey shore, new jersey, local/state
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- South Street area restaurants damaged, burglarized
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)