Nik Wallenda walks tightrope over Atlantic City
ATLANTIC CITY - August 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Professional daredevil Nik Wallenda says the sand on the tightrope made his high wire walk over an Atlantic City beach more challenging.
Wallenda successfully walked 1,300 feet along the wire while about 100 feet above the ground on Thursday.
He was unharnessed as a crowd estimated by local officials at 150,000 watched.
Wallenda said after he had completed the feat that he considered doing it barefoot when he discovered that the sand made his wire so slick, but ultimately kept his suede and buckskin shoes on.
In June, Wallenda wowed the masses when he did a similar stunt 200 feet above Niagara Falls.
new jersey, atlantic city, local/state
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Spotty, but drenching showers this afternoon, a t'storm also possible 14 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online 17 min ago
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Baby, man injured in SEPTA bus accident 44 min ago
- Bus co. mistake cancels kids' DC field trip
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Student and teacher shocked at Voorhees school
- 2 arrested for stealing tractor in Franklin Township 27 min ago
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
- Man gets life in prison for murder of Pa. musician
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment