Nik Wallenda walks tightrope over Atlantic City
ATLANTIC CITY - August 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Professional daredevil Nik Wallenda says the sand on the tightrope made his high wire walk over an Atlantic City beach more challenging.
Wallenda successfully walked 1,300 feet along the wire while about 100 feet above the ground on Thursday.
He was unharnessed as a crowd estimated by local officials at 150,000 watched.
Wallenda said after he had completed the feat that he considered doing it barefoot when he discovered that the sand made his wire so slick, but ultimately kept his suede and buckskin shoes on.
In June, Wallenda wowed the masses when he did a similar stunt 200 feet above Niagara Falls.
new jersey, atlantic city, local/state
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- NASA orders urgent spacewalk repairs at station