Nik Wallenda walks tightrope over Atlantic City
ATLANTIC CITY - August 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Professional daredevil Nik Wallenda says the sand on the tightrope made his high wire walk over an Atlantic City beach more challenging.
Wallenda successfully walked 1,300 feet along the wire while about 100 feet above the ground on Thursday.
He was unharnessed as a crowd estimated by local officials at 150,000 watched.
Wallenda said after he had completed the feat that he considered doing it barefoot when he discovered that the sand made his wire so slick, but ultimately kept his suede and buckskin shoes on.
In June, Wallenda wowed the masses when he did a similar stunt 200 feet above Niagara Falls.
new jersey, atlantic city, local/state
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing 33 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash
- Woman's body found in Berks County 27 min ago
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 3 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser