Estate of 'Jackass' star Ryan Dunn sued over crash
PHILADELPHIA - August 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- The estate of Ryan Dunn is being sued by the parents of a man who died along with the "Jackass" star in a car crash last year in suburban Philadelphia.
Zachary Hartwell's parents are suing Dunn's estate and the restaurant where Dunn was drinking before he crashed his Porsche 911 GT3 around 3 a.m. on June 20, 2011.
Police say Dunn had a blood-alcohol level more than twice the legal limit for drivers and was going as fast as 140 mph before the one-car crash.
The suit first reported by Courthouse News Service says Dunn was visibly intoxicated and shouldn't have been served by the restaurant. A state police investigation, however, cleared the bar of wrongdoing.
A phone message left for a lawyer for Dunn's estate wasn't immediately returned Thursday
pennsylvania, accident, west chester, chester county, ryan dunn, mtv, local/state
- 911 calls from Newtown, CT shooting released 13 min ago
- Clouds, some sun, mild today 44 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 46 min ago
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Attack in Washington Square caught on camera 54 min ago
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender
- Toys for Tots: Woman on video was volunteer
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote
- Sophia, Jackson most popular baby names of 2013
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion