Estate of 'Jackass' star Ryan Dunn sued over crash
PHILADELPHIA - August 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- The estate of Ryan Dunn is being sued by the parents of a man who died along with the "Jackass" star in a car crash last year in suburban Philadelphia.
Zachary Hartwell's parents are suing Dunn's estate and the restaurant where Dunn was drinking before he crashed his Porsche 911 GT3 around 3 a.m. on June 20, 2011.
Police say Dunn had a blood-alcohol level more than twice the legal limit for drivers and was going as fast as 140 mph before the one-car crash.
The suit first reported by Courthouse News Service says Dunn was visibly intoxicated and shouldn't have been served by the restaurant. A state police investigation, however, cleared the bar of wrongdoing.
A phone message left for a lawyer for Dunn's estate wasn't immediately returned Thursday
pennsylvania, accident, west chester, chester county, ryan dunn, mtv, local/state
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Cloudy And Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Witnesses: Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade 4 min ago
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- 2 injured in head-on crash along MLK Drive
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Pa. woman served family poison laced burritos
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Video: Father, son to graduate college together
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen