Estate of 'Jackass' star Ryan Dunn sued over crash
PHILADELPHIA - August 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- The estate of Ryan Dunn is being sued by the parents of a man who died along with the "Jackass" star in a car crash last year in suburban Philadelphia.
Zachary Hartwell's parents are suing Dunn's estate and the restaurant where Dunn was drinking before he crashed his Porsche 911 GT3 around 3 a.m. on June 20, 2011.
Police say Dunn had a blood-alcohol level more than twice the legal limit for drivers and was going as fast as 140 mph before the one-car crash.
The suit first reported by Courthouse News Service says Dunn was visibly intoxicated and shouldn't have been served by the restaurant. A state police investigation, however, cleared the bar of wrongdoing.
A phone message left for a lawyer for Dunn's estate wasn't immediately returned Thursday
pennsylvania, accident, west chester, chester county, ryan dunn, mtv, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!