Estate of 'Jackass' star Ryan Dunn sued over crash
PHILADELPHIA - August 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- The estate of Ryan Dunn is being sued by the parents of a man who died along with the "Jackass" star in a car crash last year in suburban Philadelphia.
Zachary Hartwell's parents are suing Dunn's estate and the restaurant where Dunn was drinking before he crashed his Porsche 911 GT3 around 3 a.m. on June 20, 2011.
Police say Dunn had a blood-alcohol level more than twice the legal limit for drivers and was going as fast as 140 mph before the one-car crash.
The suit first reported by Courthouse News Service says Dunn was visibly intoxicated and shouldn't have been served by the restaurant. A state police investigation, however, cleared the bar of wrongdoing.
A phone message left for a lawyer for Dunn's estate wasn't immediately returned Thursday
pennsylvania, accident, west chester, chester county, ryan dunn, mtv, local/state
- Photos: 24 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 46 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 32 min ago
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway 22 min ago
- Wildfire risk prompts Red Flag Warning for NJ 7 min ago
- Road reopens months after Frankford water main break 37 min ago
- Man shot multiple times in West Philadelphia 22 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Woman charged in NJ man's overdose death
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
32 min ago
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
46 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos