I-295 SB reopens after tractor trailer fire in NJ
LAWNSIDE, N.J. - August 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- The southbound lanes of I-295 are back open after a tractor trailer crashed and caught fire Thursday afternoon in Camden County.
It happened at 3:45 p.m. in the southbound lanes approaching the White Horse Pike (Route 30) in Lawnside.
Video from Chopper 6 HD over the scene showed the charred wreckage of an overturned big rig and a gray SUV with extensive front end damage.
Remarkably, police say no one was injured in the crash.
All lanes of I-295 were shut down in the area for about two hours as crews worked to clear the scene.
There is still no word what caused the accident.
new jersey, accident, camden county, local/state
- China: Vietnam detects signals from missing plane 3 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County 6 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 23 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 1 min ago
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos