I-295 SB reopens after tractor trailer fire in NJ
LAWNSIDE, N.J. - August 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- The southbound lanes of I-295 are back open after a tractor trailer crashed and caught fire Thursday afternoon in Camden County.
It happened at 3:45 p.m. in the southbound lanes approaching the White Horse Pike (Route 30) in Lawnside.
Video from Chopper 6 HD over the scene showed the charred wreckage of an overturned big rig and a gray SUV with extensive front end damage.
Remarkably, police say no one was injured in the crash.
All lanes of I-295 were shut down in the area for about two hours as crews worked to clear the scene.
There is still no word what caused the accident.
new jersey, accident, camden county, local/state
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 48 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack 32 min ago
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- 2 kids, 3 others injured in school bus crash
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast
- US Airways, American merger complete 52 min ago
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Michael Carter-Williams released from hospital
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
48 min ago