Phila. Police want help locating Rite Aid robber
PHILADELPHIA - August 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police need your help catching an armed robber bent on grabbing painkillers.
Rite-Aid wants the man in the surveillance video caught. Police say he is responsible for robbing two of the drug store's locations.
The first happened June 23rd in the 8400 block of Frankford Avenue. The second happened July 4th on Oxford Avenue. Police say each time his methods were the same.
"What this guy does is go into the store, goes into an aisle, puts on a white scarf then he gets to the manager of the store, puts a gun to their head, takes them back to the pharmacy. The pharmacist has to open the safe, he tells everyone in the store to lie down. He takes Oxycontin, Percocet and other pain killer drugs, and he puts them in a bag and he leaves," says John Apeldorn.
The Citizens Crime Commission is administering a $20,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible. The number to call is 215-546-TIPS.
crimefighters, robbery, drugs, philadelphia, local/state
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars 40 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases 22 min ago
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire