4 injured under fallen tree in Tioga-Nicetown
PHILADELPHIA - August 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Four people have been taken to the hospital after a tree fell on them Saturday in Tioga-Nicetown section of Philadelphia.
Police say it happened just after 10:00 p.m. in the 1700 block of West Juniata Street.
Witnesses say the tree fell on a group of people who were attending a block party in the area.
"We were sitting and heard something crack. They tried to run and the tree fell, and they were trapped," said Judy Henderson.
Officials say a 15-year-old boy, a 23-year-old-man and a 34-year-old woman were among the victims transported to Einstein Medical Center.
A fourth person was taken to Temple University Hospital.
First responders say the injuries appear to be minor.
tioga, nicetown, philadelphia, local/state
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys 1 min ago
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Ramsey speaks on police involved deadly shootings
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Baby, man injured in SEPTA bus accident
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Bus co. mistake disrupts kids' DC field trip
- Student and teacher shocked at Voorhees school
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
- SEPTA announces fare hikes
- Down At The Shore