4 injured under fallen tree in Tioga-Nicetown
PHILADELPHIA - August 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Four people have been taken to the hospital after a tree fell on them Saturday in Tioga-Nicetown section of Philadelphia.
Police say it happened just after 10:00 p.m. in the 1700 block of West Juniata Street.
Witnesses say the tree fell on a group of people who were attending a block party in the area.
"We were sitting and heard something crack. They tried to run and the tree fell, and they were trapped," said Judy Henderson.
Officials say a 15-year-old boy, a 23-year-old-man and a 34-year-old woman were among the victims transported to Einstein Medical Center.
A fourth person was taken to Temple University Hospital.
First responders say the injuries appear to be minor.
tioga, nicetown, philadelphia, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies