Agents bust synthetic pot ring in Delaware
BRIDGEVILLE, Del. - August 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Investigators have arrested three men in connection with a synthetic marijuana distribution operation in southern Delaware.
Kuljit Singh, 53, of Bridgeville, Del., and Sajjad Hussain, 28, of Federalsburg, MD are charged with possession with intent to distribute a controlled substance and other offenses.
Afzal Choudhry, 46, of Republic, MO has been charged with drug dealing, a class B felony.
Authorities say undercover agents from the Delaware Division of Alcohol and Tobacco Enforcement made numerous purchases of synthetic marijuana, also known as K2, at the M and M Stop and Liberty Gas Mart stores located on South Main Street in Bridgeville.
When they raided the stores, investigators seized dozens of packets of K2, along with cash. They also seized counterfeit designer purses, wallets and CDs at the M and M Stop.
Agents also intercepted a delivery of K2 worth more than $25,000 believed to be intended for the M and M Stop. Choudhry is accused of transporting and delivering the K2 to make an illegal drug sale.
Authorities say Hussain operated out of the M&M Stop and Singh out of the Liberty Gas Mart. Hussain and Singh are being held on $3500 and $7000 bail respectively at the Sussex Correctional Institution.
delaware, drugs, local/state
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust 13 min ago
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text 38 min ago
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- AC casino manager charged with promoting prostitution
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Firing of school official in dog waste incident overturned
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch