Phila. officer arrested in cable theft ring
PHILADELPHIA - August 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Montgomery County authorities have arrested a Philadelphia police officer naming him as part of a multi-million dollar cable theft ring.
42-year-old officer John Hoesle is now suspended with intent to dismiss.
Authorities allege he, along with another man, Alston Buchanan, conspired to take payments from customers in exchange for giving them unauthorized access to cable channels.
Buchanan called himself a modern day Robin Hood.
philadelphia, theft, police, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy 15 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos