Phila. officer arrested in cable theft ring
PHILADELPHIA - August 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Montgomery County authorities have arrested a Philadelphia police officer naming him as part of a multi-million dollar cable theft ring.
42-year-old officer John Hoesle is now suspended with intent to dismiss.
Authorities allege he, along with another man, Alston Buchanan, conspired to take payments from customers in exchange for giving them unauthorized access to cable channels.
Buchanan called himself a modern day Robin Hood.
philadelphia, theft, police, local/state
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Soupy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- Police: Driver under influence crashes into fire dept.
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Bucks County bear now spotted in Bristol Twp.
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr