Phila. officer arrested in cable theft ring
PHILADELPHIA - August 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Montgomery County authorities have arrested a Philadelphia police officer naming him as part of a multi-million dollar cable theft ring.
42-year-old officer John Hoesle is now suspended with intent to dismiss.
Authorities allege he, along with another man, Alston Buchanan, conspired to take payments from customers in exchange for giving them unauthorized access to cable channels.
Buchanan called himself a modern day Robin Hood.
philadelphia, theft, police, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 47 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
47 min ago