Man opens fire at a Germantown playground
GERMANTOWN - August 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man opened fire at a Germantown playground late Thursday night.
Police are searching for the gunman who shot three people around 9:45 p.m. at the Wister Recreation Center on Baynton Street near Wister Avenue.
The first victim was an 18-year-old who was hit once in the leg. The second victim was a 23-year-old shot in the calf and foot and the third person, a 29-year-old, was shot in the shoulder.
According to officials, the gunman climbed up on the bleachers and opened fire.
All three victims were taken to Einstein Medical Center and are listed in stable condition.
The shooter is described as a man in his 20's, wearing a white t-shirt and gray shorts. He fled on foot from the playground.
Police say there were other people at the playground and they are questioning a witness.
shooting, germantown, philadelphia, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos