Woman rescued from flooded car in Delco
MEDIA, Pa. - August 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Firefighters rescued a woman trapped in her car on a flooded Delaware County road.
Rescuers were called to the 500 block of Sandy Bank Road in Media around 10:00 a.m. Friday during heavy rain.
The Action Cam was on the scene as firefighters extended a ladder to the station wagon.
A firefighter then climbed down the ladder to the vehicle as the woman inside climbed out through the sunroof.
The firefighter then helped the woman onto the ladder and both made their way back to dry land.
pennsylvania, delaware county, severe weather, water rescue, local/state
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Hunt for missing Malaysian jet widens to distant waters 4 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash 10 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike pileup focus of senate hearing 8 min ago
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos