Man wanted in NE Phila, Bensalem beer burglaries
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - August 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the man who they say burglarized multiple beer distributors in Bensalem and Northeast Philadelphia.
Pennypack Beer Distributors was one of four businesses in Philadelphia and in Bensalem that have been burglarized since the beginning of the month, and police are looking for help to catch the burglar.Surveillance video taken at the Wawa in the 8900 block of Krewstown Road just after midnight on August 2nd shows a man buying a pack of gum. The video does not actually show a crime, but when the suspect turns from the register, there are some important clues. Minutes after the Wawa video was taken, police say the same man can be seen throwing a cinderblock through the glass door of Krewstown Beverage right next door. Once inside, he steals cartons of cigarettes.
"In the Wawa video, you see him bend over on his way out and he has the gloves he wears and the trash bags he puts the cartons of cigarettes in his back pocket," said Sgt. Dennis Rosenbaum. Police believe that same burglar has struck at least three more times. Early Monday, someone threw a block through the glass doors at Suds, a beer distributor just over the city line in Bensalem. Surveillance video shows that thief getting away with $4,500 worth of cigarettes and a six-pack of beer into a black trash bag. On Wednesday morning, another window smashed, and $150 in cash and more cigarettes stolen from Pennypack Beer in the 8100 block of Roosevelt Boulevard. Surveillance video from this location shows he might have cut himself. "So he should have some cuts on him, looks like his arm from broken glass coming through the door from the surveillance video. So this male might currently have injuries on his arm and back area," Sgt. Rosenbaum said. The final incident occurred back in Bensalem Thursday morning at a CVS across from the Neshaminy Mall. This time the thief took cell phones and digital cameras along with cigarettes, and stuffed them into a clear trash bag. Authorities believe the same man is responsible for all of the break-ins.
The suspect is described as a white male, with short blond hair and is clean shaven. In both incidents he was wearing a gray shirt and blue jeans.
Anyone with information is asked to call Philadelphia Police at 215-686-8477.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, bensalem, burglary, local/state, amy buckman
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 4 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Fire forces several residents from Logan apts.
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry 15 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer 19 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
4 min ago