Del. man busted for pot after neighborhood dispute
SEAFORD, Del. - August 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Delaware man was busted for growing marijuana after police were called to investigate a dispute he had with his neighbor.
The incident started on the 23000 block of Burton Street in Seaford, Delaware.
51-year-old Joseph E. Easterday allegedly threatened his 52-year-old neighbor Friday afternoon before fleeing on foot.
Later that same day, the victim told police Easterday drove by her home shouting obscenities.
State troopers arrived at the suspect's camper behind his home and noticed a strong odor of marijuana in the area.
Authorities on the scene discovered a 6 feet tall marijuana plant growing in a plastic container. More than 20 marijuana plants were seized as well as assorted drug paraphernalia.
Easterday was taken into custody without incident and faces numerous drug charges along with making terroristic threats.
delaware, drugs, marijuana, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet 5 min ago
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 53 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
6 min ago