Del. man busted for pot after neighborhood dispute
SEAFORD, Del. - August 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Delaware man was busted for growing marijuana after police were called to investigate a dispute he had with his neighbor.
The incident started on the 23000 block of Burton Street in Seaford, Delaware.
51-year-old Joseph E. Easterday allegedly threatened his 52-year-old neighbor Friday afternoon before fleeing on foot.
Later that same day, the victim told police Easterday drove by her home shouting obscenities.
State troopers arrived at the suspect's camper behind his home and noticed a strong odor of marijuana in the area.
Authorities on the scene discovered a 6 feet tall marijuana plant growing in a plastic container. More than 20 marijuana plants were seized as well as assorted drug paraphernalia.
Easterday was taken into custody without incident and faces numerous drug charges along with making terroristic threats.
delaware, drugs, marijuana, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video 26 min ago
- Wet to Wintry! 55 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line 28 min ago
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon 37 min ago
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 27 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught...
26 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish...
28 min ago
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston...
37 min ago