Kayakers find body of teen missing in Pa. river
MARIETTA, Pa. (AP) - August 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Lancaster County say the body of a teenager who disappeared three days ago as he tried to swim across the Susquehanna River has been found by a group of kayakers.
Susquehanna Regional police says the kayakers discovered 19-year-old Jason Howard's body Saturday morning in a shallow, rocky area of the river.
Police say the East Donegal Township teen was trying to swim across the river Wednesday night near Marietta with two friends when he got caught in a current. His friends were able to make it to safety.
An autopsy is scheduled for Monday morning.
body found, lancaster county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought 8 min ago
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos