Heavy rains cause flooding in parts of NJ
MARGATE, N.J. - August 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Strong storms brought heavy downpours and flooding to some areas Saturday.
Action news was along Essex Avenue in Margate Saturday afternoon where several cars were stuck in water more than two feet deep in some places.
Neighbors helped an elderly couple in trouble by pushing their car to higher ground after it stalled in the water.
"Everything was flooded. I didn't know which way to go, so I went the way that I thought would be the best, but it didn't work out. I got into a horrible mess," said Edie Kossoff.
People in neighboring areas decided to take advantage of the water by riding their bikes or taking their dog on a walk.
flooding, jersey shore, new jersey, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City 48 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
48 min ago