Heavy rains cause flooding in parts of NJ
MARGATE, N.J. - August 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Strong storms brought heavy downpours and flooding to some areas Saturday.
Action news was along Essex Avenue in Margate Saturday afternoon where several cars were stuck in water more than two feet deep in some places.
Neighbors helped an elderly couple in trouble by pushing their car to higher ground after it stalled in the water.
"Everything was flooded. I didn't know which way to go, so I went the way that I thought would be the best, but it didn't work out. I got into a horrible mess," said Edie Kossoff.
People in neighboring areas decided to take advantage of the water by riding their bikes or taking their dog on a walk.
flooding, jersey shore, new jersey, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ