Thieves burglarize Center City pharmacy
CENTER CITY - August 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are working to find out what was stolen when thieves broke into a Center City pharmacy.
It happened around 6:45 Sunday morning at Philly Pharmacy on the 200 block of Market Street.
The owner told Action News that the burglars entered through a back alley then took the hinges off a metal door.
It's still unclear exactly what was taken.
Investigators are assessing the damage and reporting that information to the Drug Enforcement Agency.
Michael Campo owns the restaurant next door and was ironically upgrading his burglary system Sunday morning.
He says crime in the city is frustrating to people working hard to provide for their families.
"We're working seven days a week, providing for our family and doing the right thing. You have trash walking around burglarizing and they get away with it&You spend thousands of dollars for locks, alarm systems and cameras and it shouldn't be like that," said Campo.
So fare no word on any suspects and an investigation is ongoing.
philadelphia, center city, burglary, local/state, jennifer joyce
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos