Thieves burglarize Center City pharmacy
CENTER CITY - August 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are working to find out what was stolen when thieves broke into a Center City pharmacy.
It happened around 6:45 Sunday morning at Philly Pharmacy on the 200 block of Market Street.
The owner told Action News that the burglars entered through a back alley then took the hinges off a metal door.
It's still unclear exactly what was taken.
Investigators are assessing the damage and reporting that information to the Drug Enforcement Agency.
Michael Campo owns the restaurant next door and was ironically upgrading his burglary system Sunday morning.
He says crime in the city is frustrating to people working hard to provide for their families.
"We're working seven days a week, providing for our family and doing the right thing. You have trash walking around burglarizing and they get away with it&You spend thousands of dollars for locks, alarm systems and cameras and it shouldn't be like that," said Campo.
So fare no word on any suspects and an investigation is ongoing.
philadelphia, center city, burglary, local/state, jennifer joyce
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
- Showers, thunderstorms today 49 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment
- Driver injured in crash involving Delaware fire chief
- NJ man accused of defrauding FEMA 38 min ago
- Cicadas arriving in NJ in time for holiday weekend 33 min ago
- Jose Canseco accused of sexual assault in Vegas
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recovery
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Finding the perfect bra