Arrest made in robbery of 2 teen girls in Burlco
LUMBERTON, N.J. - August 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Burling County have a man in custody who they say robbed and assaulted two 16-year-old girls.
18-year-old Christopher Harris of Lumberton is charged with armed robbery, simple assault, resisting arrest, and other offenses.
According to police, officers were called Sunday for the report of an armed robbery in the area of Caraway Court, located in the Country Estates section of Lumberton Township.
When officers arrived they found the two 16-year-old victims. They told police that a man, later identified as Harris, approached them and ripped the purse off one of their shoulders.
One of the girls gave chase and was subsequently punched in the left eye by Harris. The second girl intervened to help her friend but was then also assaulted.
Police eventually caught up to Harris. He allegedly resisted arrest while being taken into custody. Officers were also able to recover the teenage girl's stolen purse.
burlington county, new jersey, robbery, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man