Arrest made in robbery of 2 teen girls in Burlco
LUMBERTON, N.J. - August 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Burling County have a man in custody who they say robbed and assaulted two 16-year-old girls.
18-year-old Christopher Harris of Lumberton is charged with armed robbery, simple assault, resisting arrest, and other offenses.
According to police, officers were called Sunday for the report of an armed robbery in the area of Caraway Court, located in the Country Estates section of Lumberton Township.
When officers arrived they found the two 16-year-old victims. They told police that a man, later identified as Harris, approached them and ripped the purse off one of their shoulders.
One of the girls gave chase and was subsequently punched in the left eye by Harris. The second girl intervened to help her friend but was then also assaulted.
Police eventually caught up to Harris. He allegedly resisted arrest while being taken into custody. Officers were also able to recover the teenage girl's stolen purse.
burlington county, new jersey, robbery, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover 56 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish