Del. woman arrested for attempted robbery at Payless
DELAWARE CITY, Del. - August 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- State Police have arrested a Delaware City woman in connection to a robbery attempt at a Payless Shoe Store.
It happened around 5:50 p.m. Saturday at the Crossroads Shopping Center.
Police say 54-year-old Candace H. Mills-Brown entered the store and confronted a 42-year-old employee at the sales counter.
Mills-Brown allegedly grabbed the employee by the hair, pulled her down and demanded money.
Police say the suspect pepper sprayed the victim but was unable to open the cash register and left empty handed.
The employee ran from the store to shout for help while the suspect got away in a silver car.
A security officer from a nearby store was able to get the tag number of the fleeing vehicle.
Mills-Brown was taken into custody without incident and committed to Baylor Women's Correctional Center.
delaware, robbery, local/state
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Soupy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- Police: Driver under influence crashes into fire dept.
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Bucks County bear now spotted in Bristol Twp.
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr