Ocean City beaches reopen after sewage spill
OCEAN CITY, N.J. - August 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- A stretch of beaches in Ocean City, New Jersey reopened on Tuesday morning after being closed since Sunday.
The beaches reopened at 9:30 a.m., officials told Action News.
The closures were forced after raw sewage spilled into a storm drain.
As a result, officials closed the 1st through 3rd street beaches Sunday afternoon.
This was the third major beach closing in Ocean City in as many weeks.
All of the closings were due to concerns over a sewage spill.
new jersey, ocean city, cape may county, local/state
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing 6 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more