SPCA: Dog jumped, not tossed, from car
CHESTER, Pa. - August 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- The SPCA said a dog that was thought to have been thrown from a moving car on I-95 in Delaware County actually jumped from the car.
In an update on Tuesday, the SPCA said they had made contact with the dog's owner.
The owner said the dog was in a door-less carrier in the backseat of the car and leapt out an open window last Wednesday.
The owner didn't see the dog jump, the SPCA said, and didn't realize the dog was missing until a few minutes later.
The owner was extremely distraught, the SPCA said, and had been searching the area for the dog.
The SPCA's humane investigator said there is no intent to press charges. The dog, called "Raggedy Ann" by rescuers but actually named "April," will be returned to her owner.
The person who found the dog retracted her earlier statement that she saw a hand push the dog out the window, the SPCA said.
delaware county, chester, pennsylvania, animal abuse, local/state
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- SUVs collide in Torresdale, 1 seriously injured 51 min ago
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death 16 min ago
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released 39 min ago
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe 9 min ago
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime
- Brutal attack in London heightens terror fears 2 min ago
- Woods: Garcia comment hurtful, time to move on
- Body of WWII hero returns home after 69 years
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
16 min ago