SPCA: Dog jumped, not tossed, from car
CHESTER, Pa. - August 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- The SPCA said a dog that was thought to have been thrown from a moving car on I-95 in Delaware County actually jumped from the car.
In an update on Tuesday, the SPCA said they had made contact with the dog's owner.
The owner said the dog was in a door-less carrier in the backseat of the car and leapt out an open window last Wednesday.
The owner didn't see the dog jump, the SPCA said, and didn't realize the dog was missing until a few minutes later.
The owner was extremely distraught, the SPCA said, and had been searching the area for the dog.
The SPCA's humane investigator said there is no intent to press charges. The dog, called "Raggedy Ann" by rescuers but actually named "April," will be returned to her owner.
The person who found the dog retracted her earlier statement that she saw a hand push the dog out the window, the SPCA said.
delaware county, chester, pennsylvania, animal abuse, local/state
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla 31 min ago
- Damp and cooler.
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash 33 min ago
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar 23 min ago
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash 9 min ago
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized