Suspect sought in Bensalem abduction attempt
BENSALEM, Pa. - August 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Bensalem police are looking for a suspect in an attempted abduction earlier this week.
The incident happened at 5:15 p.m. Monday in the area of Kingston Way and Berkeley Road in the Nottingham section.
The 17-year-old victim told police a maroon vehicle pulled up beside her and the driver asked for directions.
As the teen was giving directions, she said the suspect reached out of the driver's side window and grabbed her left arm, pulling her toward the car.
The girl was able to break free and run while the suspect drove off.
The suspect was described as a white male in his mid-to-late 40s with brown, receding hair. He had a brown and gray mustache with long sideburns. He also had a small, gold hoop earring in his left ear.
The man was wearing a blue t-shirt and the victim said she saw other pieces of clothing in the rear passenger seat.
Anyone with information is asked to call Det. Adam Kolman of the Special Victims Unit at 215-633-3719.
UPDATE: A piece of surveillance video released by the Bensalem Police Dept. was originally thought to have been of the suspect vehicle. Police said on Thursday that the video was NOT of the suspect vehicle.
pennsylvania, bucks county, abduction, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?