Mom of baby abandoned in Norristown found
NORRISTOWN, Pa. - August 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Norristown, Pa. say they have found the mother of a baby boy who was found abandoned in a parking lot.
Police say Chrissie Williams was arrested on Tuesday night in Philadelphia.
Norristown police say they tried to speak with her after her arrest but she was not cooperative.
They are preparing child endangerment charges for Tuesday's incident.
The child was found in a lot at the Central Montgomery County Mental Health and Mental Retardation Center in the 1100 block of Powell Street.
That's where staffers saw an unattended stroller with the small boy inside.
Those staffers checked with patients and visitors for information on the child and, finding none, contacted police.
Officers took the boy, believed to be six months to one year old, to the county health department for a checkup.
The boy appeared to be healthy and cared for, police said.
A duffel bag was found at the same location where the boy was found, and police say that led them to the identity of Williams.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, norristown, missing children, local/state
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill 40 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar