Police: Deadly shooting in Parkside playground
PARKSIDE - August 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a deadly shooting at a playground in the Parkside section of Philadelphia.
The shooting occurred shortly after 8:00 p.m. at 53rd Street and Parkside Avenue.
Police say a 37-year-old man was shot in the upper left torso at a playground.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
No arrests have been made.
philadelphia, parkside, shooting, local/state
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)