Bullet narrowly misses family in SUV
NEW HANOVER, Pa. - August 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Six people are in custody after a bullet struck an SUV with a woman and her three children in the vehicle.
The 39-year-old Gilbertsville woman showed Action News the back window of her Chevy Tahoe SUV.
Glass was strewn everywhere in the back cargo area.
She says it was about 3:35 p.m. that she was driving with her 10-year-old twin daughters and 12-year-old son who suffers with autism on Route 73 in New Hanover, Montgomery County when it happened.
"I heard a shot go off, thought nothing of it, and continued driving and, next thing you know, my back window, I heard a pop, all the glass poured into the car. My kids screamed," the woman said.
She pulled her car over.
The bullet that struck the SUV landed a few inches behind the right rear passenger seat where one of her two twin daughters was sitting.
"Two seconds earlier, she would have been fatally shot. I couldn't imagine my life without my daughter, without any of my three children," the woman said.
New Hanover police arrested three audults and three juveniles who were target practicing in their backyard of a nearby home on the 3300 block of New Hanover Square Road.
Police seized numerous weapons, including an AK-47 assault rifle, an AR-15 assault rifle, a .30 caliber high-powered rifle, shotgun, and several handguns, as well as a stash of ammunition from the home
The three adults are identified as 51-year-old David Beamer of Gilbertsville, 18-year-old Michael Glazewski of Perkiomenville, and 18-year-old Christopher Malinowski of Gilbertsville.
They are facing charges of risking a catastrophe, corruption of minors, possession of instruments of crime, and recklessly endangering another person.
In addition to the above charges, police say Beamer faces additional charges for resisting arrest and assault on a police officer.
It appeared Tuesday night that the suspects apparently had no idea an errant bullet had struck an SUV with people riding in it.
"You missed your target; you could have killed an innocent child today," the woman said.
As for the busted SUV window, the single mother says her insurance company told her they will not fix it because it is part of an ongoing investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to contact New Hanover Police Department at 610-327-1150.
pennsylvania, shooting, montgomery county, local/state, dann cuellar
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
- Lots of clouds, damp today 8 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident
- Chesco man accused of sex assault on 2 young boys
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in Hatfield robbery
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Runways reopen after emergency at Heathrow Airport
- Actress Bynes arrested in NYC on marijuana charge