Bullet narrowly misses family in SUV
NEW HANOVER, Pa. - August 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Six people are in custody after a bullet struck an SUV with a woman and her three children in the vehicle.
The 39-year-old Gilbertsville woman showed Action News the back window of her Chevy Tahoe SUV.
Glass was strewn everywhere in the back cargo area.
She says it was about 3:35 p.m. that she was driving with her 10-year-old twin daughters and 12-year-old son who suffers with autism on Route 73 in New Hanover, Montgomery County when it happened.
"I heard a shot go off, thought nothing of it, and continued driving and, next thing you know, my back window, I heard a pop, all the glass poured into the car. My kids screamed," the woman said.
She pulled her car over.
The bullet that struck the SUV landed a few inches behind the right rear passenger seat where one of her two twin daughters was sitting.
"Two seconds earlier, she would have been fatally shot. I couldn't imagine my life without my daughter, without any of my three children," the woman said.
New Hanover police arrested three audults and three juveniles who were target practicing in their backyard of a nearby home on the 3300 block of New Hanover Square Road.
Police seized numerous weapons, including an AK-47 assault rifle, an AR-15 assault rifle, a .30 caliber high-powered rifle, shotgun, and several handguns, as well as a stash of ammunition from the home
The three adults are identified as 51-year-old David Beamer of Gilbertsville, 18-year-old Michael Glazewski of Perkiomenville, and 18-year-old Christopher Malinowski of Gilbertsville.
They are facing charges of risking a catastrophe, corruption of minors, possession of instruments of crime, and recklessly endangering another person.
In addition to the above charges, police say Beamer faces additional charges for resisting arrest and assault on a police officer.
It appeared Tuesday night that the suspects apparently had no idea an errant bullet had struck an SUV with people riding in it.
"You missed your target; you could have killed an innocent child today," the woman said.
As for the busted SUV window, the single mother says her insurance company told her they will not fix it because it is part of an ongoing investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to contact New Hanover Police Department at 610-327-1150.
pennsylvania, shooting, montgomery county, local/state, dann cuellar
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 35 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft 59 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 5 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
35 min ago
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart...
59 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos