Waterspout spotted in south Jersey
BRIGANTINE, N.J. - August 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- A severe thunderstorm apparently yielded a tornado over the water in southern New Jersey.
Three people and two inbound aircraft reported seeing the waterspout around the Great Bay between Atlantic and Ocean counties Tuesday afternoon.
Private meteorologist Steve Pellettiere told The Press of Atlantic City he saw the funnel cloud from his vacation home in Brigantine.
National Weather Service meteorologist Walter Drag says the reports were it was stationary for at least 8 to 10 minutes.
There were no reports of injuries or damage.
Information from: The Press of Atlantic City (N.J.), http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com
new jersey, atlantic county, severe weather, local/state
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ