Waterspout spotted in south Jersey
BRIGANTINE, N.J. - August 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- A severe thunderstorm apparently yielded a tornado over the water in southern New Jersey.
Three people and two inbound aircraft reported seeing the waterspout around the Great Bay between Atlantic and Ocean counties Tuesday afternoon.
Private meteorologist Steve Pellettiere told The Press of Atlantic City he saw the funnel cloud from his vacation home in Brigantine.
National Weather Service meteorologist Walter Drag says the reports were it was stationary for at least 8 to 10 minutes.
There were no reports of injuries or damage.
Information from: The Press of Atlantic City (N.J.), http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com
new jersey, atlantic county, severe weather, local/state
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 50 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting 47 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila. 37 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Man critical after police-involved shooting
47 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila.
37 min ago
- Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
43 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos