3 sought in early morning Germantown robberies
GERMANTOWN - August 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for three males they say went on a mini crime spree Wednesday morning, robbing people in the city's Germantown section.
Police say between 4:00 and 7:00 a.m. three robberies occurred in the area of Chew Street and Chelten and a fourth occurred at Sprague and Wister streets.
Investigators say some of the victims were on their way to work when the suspects robbed them of cell phones and other personal items.
Officials say one of the suspects was armed with a gun. He would allegedly detain the victims while the other two males would go through the victims' pockets and take their personal items.
There are no reports of injuries at this time.
The suspects are described only as black males in their 20s wearing black hoodies and standing about 5 foot 8 to 5 foot 9 inches.
germantown, philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students 13 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 48 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 13 min ago
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty 20 min ago
- Person possibly struck by train in Center City 37 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Car, SUV collide outside Trenton firehouse
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Accused Craigslist robber charged with murdering accomplice
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
13 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos