Woman accused of stabbing tourists due in court
MAYS LANDING, N.J. - August 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- A woman accused of killing two Canadian tourists in Atlantic City is due in court for a bail hearing.
Antoinette Pelzer, a Philadelphia resident who has often been homeless, is currently being held on bail of $1.5 million.
Police say she killed Po Lin Wan and her daughter Alice Mei See Leung, both from the Scarborough section of Toronto, with a 12-inch butcher knife during a mugging in May.
It will be the second court appearance since Pelzer's arrest. In May, she laughed, frowned, grimaced and asked repeatedly where her lawyer was.
The stabbing took place in the heart of Atlantic City's tourism district - a place where security is emphasized.
atlantic city, atlantic county, stabbing, local/state
- Robbery suspect sought, Villanova U. locked down 11 min ago
- Splendid spring finale
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Crackdown on illegal street vendors in W. Phila. 1 min ago
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila. 59 min ago
- Viewer takes photos of bear in back yard 35 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer 6 min ago
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids 40 min ago
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Father, son 'pimps' acquitted after prostitutes testify
- Suspect robs Philadelphia Dunkin' Donuts at gunpoint 21 min ago
- Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL] 42 min ago
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
40 min ago
- 2 sought for stealing pills in Gloucester...
39 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman...
6 min ago
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
42 min ago