Woman accused of stabbing tourists due in court
MAYS LANDING, N.J. - August 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- A woman accused of killing two Canadian tourists in Atlantic City is due in court for a bail hearing.
Antoinette Pelzer, a Philadelphia resident who has often been homeless, is currently being held on bail of $1.5 million.
Police say she killed Po Lin Wan and her daughter Alice Mei See Leung, both from the Scarborough section of Toronto, with a 12-inch butcher knife during a mugging in May.
It will be the second court appearance since Pelzer's arrest. In May, she laughed, frowned, grimaced and asked repeatedly where her lawyer was.
The stabbing took place in the heart of Atlantic City's tourism district - a place where security is emphasized.
atlantic city, atlantic county, stabbing, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 34 min ago
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash 56 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 26 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 53 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 17 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry...
34 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
26 min ago