Powerball ticket worth $337M sold in Michigan
LAPEER, Mich. - August 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- A winning ticket in the $337 million Powerball drawing has been sold at a gas station in Michigan.
The winning numbers in the Wednesday night drawing were 6, 27, 46, 51, 56 and Powerball 21.
The Michigan Lottery says the ticket was sold in Lapeer, about 45 miles north of Detroit. There wasn't immediate word about the buyer's identity.
A person who answered the phone Thursday morning at the Sunoco station said he was too busy to talk.
Eight tickets matched five of the winning numbers to win $1 million. Two of those tickets were sold in Indiana. The others were sold in Kansas, Kentucky, New Jersey, New Mexico, Pennsylvania and Virginia.
There was also a ticket sold in Nebraska that added the Power Play to win $2 million.
powerball, lottery, pennsylvania, local/state
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man gunned down at water ice stand
- Bicyclist shoots man in face in SW Philadelphia
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Bar fight ends with 2 shot in SW Philadelphia
- Man shot in the head in Camden; suspect sought 10 min ago
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Suicide at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris 15 min ago
- Vatican insists that no papal exorcism took place 16 min ago
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc