Trenton City Council aide charged with selling drugs
TRENTON, N.J. - August 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Trenton City Council aide and a Trenton man have been charged with working together to sell prescription drugs.
Linda D. Kelsey, 55, and Hilbert R. Lyman, 62, are charged with multiple counts of drug possession and distribution.
Prosecutors say Kelsey, who works for Trenton City Council, sold oxycodone pills several times between June 18th and August 13th to a person who is cooperating with investigators.
They say Kelsey got the pills from Lyman, who was allegedly selling them rather than taking them as prescribed.
When investigators raided Lyman's Trenton residence, they seized more than 3200 oxycodone pills, 240 methadone pills and 90 morphine pills. The pills have an estimated street value of more than $113,000.
Lyman was arrested at his home. Kelsey was arrested Tuesday evening as she left her job at Trenton City Hall.
Both were charged and released on their own recognizance.
new jersey, drugs, trenton, local/state
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man gunned down at water ice stand
- Bicyclist shoots man in face in SW Philadelphia 36 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Bar fight ends with 2 shot in SW Philadelphia
- Man shot in the head in Camden; suspect sought
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces 17 min ago
- Suicide at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris 13 min ago
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc