Police: Pa. state rep assaulted wife, drove drunk
FOUNTAIN HILL, Pa. - August 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Pennsylvania state lawmaker faces assault and other charges after police say he punched and choked his wife, then drove away drunk.
Democratic state Rep. Joseph Brennan was arrested Wednesday afternoon following a 911 call about a man hitting a woman outside their Fountain Hill, Lehigh County home.
Norma Jane Brennan told officers her husband had choked, punched and wrestled her to the ground. Joseph Brennan was pulled over a few blocks away, where police say a breath test found he had a blood-alcohol level more than twice the legal limit for drivers.
Brennan was arraigned and released on $7,500 bail. A message left with his office early Thursday wasn't immediately returned.
Brennan said last year he was experiencing a "long and personal struggle with alcohol" following a DUI arrest.
pennsylvania, DUI, assault, local/state
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely 44 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow likely Monday 32 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 27 min ago
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia
- 2-alarm fire breaks out at Holmesburg complex 25 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Family displaced in Wilmington house fire 18 min ago
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury 55 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Milder this afternoon, snow likely Monday
32 min ago
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says...
44 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
27 min ago
- New video released in apparent Pa. road...
43 min ago