Man found shot in the head in Nicetown Tioga
NICETOWN TIOGA - August 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man was found late Wednesday night shot in the head in a gas station parking lot in Philadelphia's Nicetown Tioga section.
Police were called shortly after 11:30 a.m. to the intersection of Fox Street and Abbottsford Avenue. There a man, whom police believe was shot nearby, was discovered with shotgun pellet wounds to the head, chest and arm in a gas station parking lot.
The 29-year-old victim was rushed by police to Temple University Hospital where he was admitted in critical condition.
A second man, who police say suffered cuts from shattered glass as a result of the shooting, was also taken to Temple University Hospital for care.
There is no word how the second man factors into the crime.
Police are continuing their investigation.
nicetown, tioga, philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 6 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold...
4 min ago