Delco man killed, son injured in Ocean City fall
OCEAN CITY, Md. - August 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Pennsylvania man has died and his 2-year-old son has been injured after falling from a sea wall in Ocean City, Md
Police say 49-year-old Stephen Richard Ostan of Marcus Hook, Pa., and his son were walking along a retaining wall at the Ocean City inlet on Tuesday afternoon when they fell over the edge together, striking rocks below.
Witnesses told police that a woman climbed down the sea wall and pulled the child off the rocks. The child was taken to a hospital for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries and released.
Authorities say a private boat, along with the Ocean City beach patrol and fire department and a boat and crew from Surf Side Parasail helped rescue Ostan. He was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.
pennsylvania, delaware county, new jersey, ocean city, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding 17 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 10 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 14 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 12 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest 8 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp. 13 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1 7 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
12 min ago
- Search continues for robbers in armored car...
14 min ago
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's...
17 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
10 min ago